Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What the heck is a Zhu Zhu pet!?

If anyone else out there has been in the dark like me then you have asked this same question. Well I am happy to say I finally have the answer! This past Saturday CVS sent me an email with some special offers for that day only and one of them happened to be $.99 Zhu Zhu pets. Now I wasn't exactly going to drive to the store for just that, but they also had Cokes on sale. I had noticed people on some of the coupon blogs I follow making a big deal out of the fact that these things were only $.99 so I figured while I was there I would at least see if they had any. To my surprise they actually had quite a few so for kicks we picked out one for each of the boys. They basically look like a fuzzy hamster so I figured if nothing else the cats would have fun with them. We get them home and Greyson is excited to bust them out of the boxes. I set them on the floor and they take off chattering just like a real hamster. I am laughing hysterically at this point. They really are quite cute to watch, especially once Dexter started barking at them! They keep going for quite a while too, but once they eventually did stop I told Greyson to go push them to start again and he refuses. The kid was petrified of them. Why I have no clue, but he was afraid of his Chuck the Talking Truck last Christmas too so I guess he has some phobia of toys that talk and move on their own. Well just like with the truck he eventually came around loves them. Rylan took a little bit longer than Greyson though - when I first showed the hamsters to him he began shrieking even worse than when on Santa's lap! Today he finally decided they weren't so bad after all and has been following then around with big brother. I am not exactly sure who this toy is geared towards but it does entertain 2 year old little boys and Miniature Pinschers for an extended period of time. Totally worth the $.99! However the regular retail on then was $10. They would have to impress me a lot more for me to ever pay that much for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment