Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Technology at its worst!
I know technology makes a lot of things in life a lot easier, but surprising jour husband with gifts is not one of them. I am sure many of you have heard the Father's Day story from a few years ago. I went through all this effort to plan a surprise tee time for him and then what happens....well since he had played this course before they had all his contact info in the system, so the automated phone calls him to remind him of his tee time! Surprise effectively ruined. Well technology has done it again. I ordered my husband a gift online this evening. I always use Paypal to pay for things when I can. Problem is the Paypal account is under hubs name and email address, so anytime you make a purchase it sends him an email. Well I forgot this little piece of information when ordering this evening. I thought that it was odd that I hadn't gotten a confirmation email after i completed my transaction Well that was because everything got sent to his! He claims he didn't open the emails, but still. The purchase I made was from ToysRus. There are only just so many things you can purchase for a 30 year old male at ToysRus! Anyways, even if he hadn't gotten those emails he still would have seen the charge to ToysRus on our bank account, so there really was no way to avoid him finding out I bought something. See what I mean - technology isn't always such a great thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment