Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Best $.50 I ever spent!
Some of my best finds are the ones I don't even go looking for. For example, last December I just happened to walk into CVS on the day they marked all their Christmas stuff to 75% off. Of course I had to take a peak. Sometimes it is just junk left and other times you get lucky. Well that day I got lucky. I found a Peanuts Christmas book, a stuffed Rudolph, and a small battery operated train set. I'm not sure what the train was meant to go with, but when I saw it I immediately thought of Greyson. We have a small Christmas tree that belonged to hubs when he was little and now we put it in Greyson's room at Christmas time. The train was only $2 to begin with so at 75% off it was a whopping $.50! Well since Christmas had already passed I just put the stuff away and saved it until today. I set the little train up to go around the base of the tree on Greyson's dresser. There are no words to describe what I witnessed for the next hour. It reminded me somewhat of watching a cat stare at a fish inside a fish bowl. The thing runs on a single AA battery, so I am curious to see how long it actually lasts cause even though I convinced Greyson to turn it off for nap time, I highly doubt there will be many more moments when that train isn't running!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment