Friday, December 2, 2011

I did a bad, bad thing!

Okay so before you judge me, let me take the chance to tell the whole story. I have a feeling there are a few moms out there that might sympathize with my situation...

The boys and I were running errands today in the University/Concord area to pick up the last few decoration items I needed for Rylan's party. We are never on that side of town and since we were I decided to hop over to Concord Mills and see if by chance they still had the NC State pillow pets at the Bed Bath and Beyond there. I never park on the front side of the mall, but since that was the only place we were going it made sense to just try and park in front of the Bed Bath and Beyond. Easier said than done. At 2:30 on a Friday afternoon most people are still at work, but apparently everyone who wasn't was at Concord Mills and they all managed to be parked where I needed to go. No lie there were no spots until you got to the very, very back of the parking lot. I  drove around for a few moments hoping someone would leave, but they didn't. I was starting to get very frustrated - all I wanted to do was hop out of the car with the boys, run in the store and grab the wolves. It was a 15 minute trip tops depending on how long the lines were. Well, I rounded the corner of one more row before I was about to give up, when I spotted the "Moms to Be" parking spot. It was wide open. Now there were many visits I made to that mall while pregnant and that spot was never open, but today it was. I thought about it for a minute and then pulled myself into that spot. Judge me all you want, but when you have a 2 year old and a baby you are lugging with you then maybe you will understand. Besides, for all anyone knew I could have been like 8 weeks pregnant, so they really couldn't say anything to me. We jumped out of the car, ran in the store and were back out in under 15 minutes just like predicted. Now there is a small chance that some poor 40 week pregnant woman drove by while I was in the store hoping to get that spot. While I do feel guilty I try to look on the bright side - maybe that walk from the back of the parking lot will make her go into labor tonight, so really I did her a favor :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment