O Christmas Tree!

My tree is done, and it even has presents under it already! All for Greyson and Rylan of course, but at least that makes my closet a walk-in again. While I feel slightly caught up now, I still have the outdoor decorations to tackle. Wait, let me rephrase that - my husband has the outdoor decorations to tackle. While I am very specific about where the decorations are placed, the hubs is really the one who can take credit for making sure it is all hooked up and not a fire hazard. The Christmas tree on the other hand, no one touches that but me. I am just a tad anal, to say the least, about how the tree looks. The lights have to be strung just right so the cords don't show. The ornaments have to be placed in certain areas of the tree. The beads have to be draped in a way that they look natural yet perfectly spaced. After reading that I am sure you think no one would even want to offer to help me to begin with. Well Greyson did! And being the mom that I am, I let him try and help. I let him hold the strands of lights while I strung them on the tree. It was just enough that he felt like he was really helping, yet mommy was still in full control of the situation. Like everything else he got bored after about 15 minutes and I was back to completing the job by myself. I was smart enough to know that he would become re-interested if he saw me start to hang the ornaments, so I waited till he went to bed to do that. I then made the mistake of trying to string the beads on while both he and Rylan were playing in the living room this morning. Let's just say the beads made it on to the tree, but they were no where near my standards, so I spent part of nap time this afternoon going back and perfecting my work. And of course no tree is complete without presents under it, so this evening (after the boys were asleep) I wrapped some of the presents that Mimi and Papa McCormick left for the boys. I know some people hate wrapping presents, but I am one who just absolutely LOVES it! Worked out great for my dad when I was little - I wrapped everything he bought for my mom for a good 20 something years. After reading this blog I am sure it doesn't surprise you that I am anal about how the presents are wrapped and where they are placed under the tree. It will be interesting to see how long this tree utopia lasts after my boys come downstairs in the morning and see what appeared over night!
No comments:
Post a Comment