If you have hung around my family at all around Christmas time, then I am sure you have heard the story about how when I was about 2-3 years old my dad tricked me into telling him one of his presents that year. I don't remember what the present was. I just remember my dad looks at me and says "I know what it is! It is _____." Just making a random guess. To which I respond "No dad it's _____." Clearly telling him what we really got him! Now I was not being sneaky like my dad was, but Greyson did have a little slip up of his own tonight that made me think back to this story that I have heard oh so many times.
Okay so we are a pretty routine bunch. We know that when daddy comes home from work he goes upstairs and put on his comfy clothes. Well today daddy came downstairs in jeans and a t-shirt. Now I had informed him that he was watching the boys so I could run to the grocery store alone, so I kinda quizzed him as to why he was dressed like he was going somewhere. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was some vague, sarcastic comment that kind of implied that if he was going somewhere he wasn't going to tell me. I really didn't care just as long as I was still able to do what I needed to do.
Well I left the house and made my trips to Bi-Lo and Harris Teeter. I was headed back to the house about 8:20 expecting to get home just in time to kiss my boys goodnight when I realize they are pulling in the driveway in front of me! As soon as the car doors open I can hear Greyson asking where mommy is, so I sneak up on him still fastened in the car. He lights up when he sees me and I ask "Where did you boys take off to this evening?" Greyson just sits and continues to grin at me. At this point I am suspicious and figure he has been coached not to say anything. Well, I go back to the car to get my groceries out while hubs unhooks the boys. Next thing I know Greyson is standing next to me and without me even saying a word he says "We went to go buy mommy shoes!" All I could do was laugh! Now I know 2 year olds can say a lot of crazy things, but if Greyson says he bought mommy shoes, then he bought mommy shoes. I still have no clue exactly what they got me. Shoes for Greyson could be anything from boots to slippers. While it kinda sucks to have my hubby's sweet surprised ruined, I really don't feel that bad about it considering my husband pretty much knows every single thing I have bought for him (reference blog Technology at its worst!). Plus, I never really asked Greyson to tell me - he just kind of volunteered the information. Regardless it made for a pretty humorous end to our day!
No comments:
Post a Comment