Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Rylan!

.

While Rylan's party was Saturday, his actual birthday was today. This afternoon at 2:37 pm Rylan was officially 1 year old. Every time I would glance at the clock, I would think back to what I was doing at that time a year ago:

10:30 am - I sent my mom a message that I was having regular contractions.
12 pm - I told my husband to call the doctor.
1 pm - We arrived at the hospital.
2 pm - My epidural finally kicked in.
2:37 pm - I heard my little man cry!

Even though we had already celebrated his birthday, we had to do a few special things today as well. First we took him to Build-a-Bear to make him a birthday animal. We chose a puppy in honor of Rylan's birthday theme and we named him Spot. Since mommy was hoarse from the lovely cough I am getting over, I picked the pre-recorded birthday song to put inside, which makes him smile every time he hears it. Then this evening we took him out to dinner and let the waiters of Red Robin serenade him and give him free ice cream. I couldn't tell if he enjoyed the singing or not, but at least he didn't break out into tears! The ice cream was a no brainer - he inhaled it as expected. He even shared a few bites with big brother Greyson.

Though he had no clue what is going on, I think Rylan had a pretty good day (well weekend for that matter). I know Greyson had a good time cause this evening, while he was lying in bed supposed to be going to sleep, I could hear him still singing the Happy Birthday song. I didn't have the heart to scold him, so I just let him sing himself to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment