Friday, December 9, 2011

One of lifes great mysteries.

Okay I have crossed over to the desperate side of this potty training fiasco. Just to catch you up to speed Greyson does excellent with #1 on the potty. He wears big boy underpants all day long, even for nap time. He very rarely has an accident. If he does ibis because he had way too much to drink. We put a diaper on him for bed time, but about 75% of the time he wakes up dry in the morning as well. We have been giving him gummy bears as incentive for having dry underpants and for doing #1 on the potty and it has been working like a charm. Getting him to do #2 on the potty however is a different story. Everyone says little boys are the hardest to train period because they simply just don't want to stop what they are doing to go. But we are way past that point. This isn't about not wanting to stop, this is just simply refusing to do #2 on the potty. For instance, today I caught him with the #2 face so I rushed him to the potty. I made him sit for a good 10-15 minutes and nothing, so i let him get down. A few minutes later I could again tell he was trying to go so I rushed him to the potty. He had already started to go a bit but I knew he wasn't done so I made him sit for another 10-15 minutes and nothing. I thought maybe he really was done. We went upstairs to change Rylan and while I was doing that Greyson proceeded to finish what he had started earlier. Needless to say I was a little past frustrated. "They" tell you not to scold them or punish them for having accidents, but I can't exactly keep playing Mr. Nice Guy either or nothing will ever change. I was even told to try a bigger incentive. Well Greyson spotted a Lightning McQueen snow globe in the store the other day so I bought I and told him he could have it when he did #2 on the potty like a big boy. That was a week ago now and the Queen snow globe is still sitting in the bathroom waiting to be played with. I know he understands what it is for cause every time we go in there he tells me "mommy, I get queen when I poopy on the potty." yet still nothing. So now I am kinda to the point like "now what!?" I am not sure what direction to take next. Do I need a bigger incentive? Do I need to start taking toys away when he has accidents? I simply don't know. Potty training is simply one of life great mysteries cause there is no right or wrong way and no 2 children potty train alike! Now I see why so many parents get past the potty training part in life and never want to have any more kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment