Monday, December 5, 2011
It's my party!
We had Rylan's 1st birthday part on Saturday! I decided many months ago on a dalmatian theme. It was kind of random - I just happened to find this plate and place mat set with a spotted dog and red and blue polka dots. I immediately fell in love and just built the whole birthday party around it. The balloons were red, black and white, the tablecloths were blue, there was paw print confetti and paw prints all over the house, and even spotted cupcakes.
Unfortunately not many guests were able to make it, but we were lucky enough to have both sets of grandparents here for the occasion. Both Rylan and Greyson got to soak up a lot of Mimi and Papa love! Mimi and Papa Jones got Rylan his very own Pottery Barn chair just like big brother got for his 1st birthday (so now hopefully they won't fight over them anymore)! Mimi and Papa McCormick got Rylan several fun toys including a Lightning McQueen that he can ride or push around the house, a Little Zoomers construction set, Zig the Big Rig and some fun board books. Greyson was A LOT of help with opening the presents. I figure it is only fair since he had lots of help opening the ones on his first birthday!
After presents we dug into the yummy cupcakes. Rylan certainly had no trouble in that department. I don't think I have ever seen anyone eat anything so fast, and then look for more! By the time he was done with cake and ice cream, there was nothing left to do but dunk him in the tub!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment