Sunday, December 18, 2011

A trip to Christmastown

Apparently in Charlotte, you haven't celebrated Christmas properly unless you have been to McAdenville (aka: Christmastown) to view the lights display. I have never heard anything about this until this year. As much as Greyson likes Christmas lights I knew we had to give it a shot. I am not exaggerating when I say that every single house in town is covered in Christmas lights. Well actually I take that back. We did pass one lonely house that didn't even have so much as a porch light on. Every other house, yard, bush, tree, etc. for a good 3-4 miles stretch has some kind of Christmas decoration on it. Despite the chilly temps, we chose to walk most of it. One of my besties had been before and she said it was not the same to drive it as to walk it and she was definitely right. We drove the first mile to find a place to park and then walked the rest and the walking experience definitely is a lot more fun! Every person you pass, either by car or by foot, is yelling Merry Christmas. It really is a wonderful experience! The bad thing was it made me want to come home and decorate even more! Ha! After seeing what these people had put together it made my few little bushes and snowman seem pretty dinky. Alas since it is a week out from Christmas I decided to just snap lots of pictures and save my ideas for next year ;-)











No comments:

Post a Comment