Thursday, November 10, 2011
Trick or Treat!
Smell my feet! Give me something good to eat! Ah, the things we thought were funny when we were kids...
I have always loved all holidays, but there is something about having a little one(s) of you own that make them so much more special! Halloween has become a little stressful since I have taken on the task of creating costumes myself for the past 3 years, but the end result is always fun. Plus there is the added bonus of all the candy that the boys collect! We have tried not to eat too much of it behind their backs, but considering all the hours I put into their costumes I just consider us even :-)
Anyways, we embarked on a lot of trick-or-treating this year. I had to make sure we got a lot of miles (no pun intended) out of those costumes. We ended up taking the boys to about 6 different trunk-or-treat events. The sad part was come November 1st Greyson was expecting to go out for more! I tried to point to the calendar and explain to him how Halloween was all over for this year, which I think confused him enough that he just moved onto the excitement that is Santa Claus! (Boy is that going to be fun this year!)
On a side note - I did enter the boys into some Halloween costume contests. We have already lost one to the lady who dressed her 3 kids as a washer, a dryer and a clothes basket. I know I am biased, but while that was a cute idea I wonder how excited her kids really were to be dressed as such. I also entered them into a contest through Disney. I haven't heard back on how that one turned out yet, but since there were a few thousand participants I don't have high hopes that we will win, but hey somebody has to right!? The last one is through The Cute Kid, and while I hate contests based on votes, I still couldn't resist. Luckily only one winner is picked on votes and a panel of judges pick 3 others. Regardless if you don't mind click here and vote for my boys I would appreciate it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment