After they pulled out of the driveway Rylan and I walked back inside the house and stood there for a moment before I asked him "well, what do we do now!?" Other than the few basic needs Rylan requires, Greyson pretty much dictates our whole day from what we eat, to what shows we watch, to whether we play upstairs or downstairs...well you get the picture. We decided to start off easy and just play upstairs for a while. I sat Rylan down on the floor and began watching him play. The longer we sat there the more it started to come back to me - what it was like to have just one child, and a baby at that. There was no running and screaming and jumping up and down, just crawling around from toy to toy with a giggle or a "da da" here and there. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Then another realization came to me - my baby is not going to be a baby much longer! Yeah I know I have been planning his birthday for like 6 months now, but the fact that it is almost upon us really hit me this morning. Right then I decided to go grab the camera and start snapping some pictures!
When we started planning this whole trip for Greyson, the point was to give mommy a little bit of a vacation. In just the hour and half we played before Rylan's morning nap, I made more observations about him as a person than I feel like I have in the last 11 months. Now I am starting to feel like this is my last chance to really bond with Rylan the way I did with Greyson when he was a baby. I always said that I felt like I missed so much of Greyson as a baby because he was in daycare (and I did), but I also realized that I now feel like I have missed just as much with Rylan simply because there are 2 requiring my attention. So anyways, I came to the conclusion that I will do a blog every day that Greyson is gone. I want to be able to remember all these things I am learning about Rylan and let's face it - having children doesn't exactly improve your memory, so I feel like if I can at least jot down a few things that I will at least have them to look back at in a week, a month, a year, or 18 years from now and remember what it was like just me and him :-)
Day 1 Observation
I have always called Rylan a loud, angry baby. Now I think the poor little guy was just trying to be heard!
No comments:
Post a Comment