Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thank-FULL!


For such a last minute Thanksgiving I think we did okay. As of a couple days ago we weren't even supposed to be in town, but thanks to my sore throat we felt it best to stay home and not possibly infect anyone else. Thanks to my lovely coupons, we had everything we already needed for a Thanksgiving dinner except for a single box of stuffing!

Since it was going to be just us, I thought I would make up for some lost time this month and look up a few crafty things Greyson and I could try out today. First we started with a string of leaves. I printed out some leaf templates from online, traced them on to construction paper and cut them out, then Greyson strung them in an oh so orderly fashion. He actually strung them about 3 or 4 times because he would get too excited and the leaves would fall off the other end. He enjoyed himself nonetheless. After dinner we did a little finger painting. First we did the more controlled piece for mommy where the boys made turkeys out of their hand prints. Then once we were done I let Greyson go wild with the extra paint on some other sheets of paper. Let's just say between the mess at dinner and the finger painting, there was nothing left to do with both boys but dump them in the tub before bed time.

Now comes the part of the day mommy is thankful for - quiet time :-) Next I have to decide if I feel the need to go anywhere at midnight or 3 am for some incredible deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment