So anyways, I decided to get my blood pumping again with a little trip to CVS. I felt like it would be good to start there since they have the only really big Black Friday ad that I was super stoked about. So after dinner I took off up there to purchase my few things from the beginning of this week's ad. As I am walking around I start noticing signs here or there and I recognize them as sales that are supposed to be starting tomorrow. Now CVS usually always starts their pricing a little early so the store has time to get the signs up and such, but I never knew exactly when. Well as I am checking out one of the managers sees me and tells me that the pricing for the Black Friday ad has already started! I am immediately jumping for joy cause this meant I could go ahead and do my haul while I was there by myself and not have to run out tomorrow morning to beat the crowd!
Now this ad is good through Saturday, so I thought I would post my great deals I got in case anyone else out there wanted to try this. Keep in mind I have 2 CVS Extra Care cards (1 in my name and 1 in my husband's name) and I started with $18 in extra bucks on one card and $14 in extra bucks on the other card, so not only do I get double of everything, but I had a jump start at paying for this stuff as well. So here is everything that I got:
4 Hersey king size chocolate bars
2 Carmex lip balm
2 boxes of Kleenex
2 Benefiber 3 stick packs
2 Theraflu 8 count cold medicine
2 Theraflu travel size
8 bags of M&Ms
2 Starbucks double shots
2 balance bars
2 soft lips lip balm
2 fiber one 6 count brownies
4 Listerine 3 pack breath shots
2 Finish 10 pack dish detergent
2 Advil travel size
2 Peptobismol 4 oz
2 LA Looks hair gel
4 GUM 2 pack toothbrushes
4 Colgate toothpaste
2 CVS 4 pack AA batteries
2 Breathe right 12 count nose strips
2 BeKool 4 count soft gel fever patches for kids
2 Cepacol 8 count sore throat drops (totally wish I had those last week!)
2 Wet n Wild 8 count nail polish gift set
1 revlon nail polish
2 Excedrin PM 8 count
2 Excedrin extra strength 8 count
2 Advil 4 count
Now I did 3 separate transactions per card so that I was pretty much paying for everything with extra bucks and all I had to cover was tax. The grand total after all was said and done was $19.55 (again about 3/4 of that was tax). The even better part - I walked out with $46.70 in extra bucks. I actually had about $60 in extra bucks, but as I was finishing up I figured I might as well use some of them to get some free diapers while I was there (I spent $1.60 on a box of diapers).
Now if you aren't familiar CVS, extra bucks are the same as cash. You can use them to purchase anything in the store, so I think I might go back and finish off some stocking stuffers for Santa. Your every day goal in CVS is to use these extra bucks combined with coupons to purchase other items that give you more extra bucks. That is how you keep the fun rolling from week to week, and that is how you get free stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment