After lunch I decided it was time for mommy to shower, so Rylan got to enjoy some bouncy time in the Johnny Jump Up. Apparently that wasn't enough fun in itself though cause while I was showering he discovered the lovely tower of shaving cream I needed to put away. I think the pictures speak for themselves as to how that turned out. It was only so much fun till he knocked and kicked all the bottles out of reach. Then he decided to try out an old past time of Greyson's - mommy's bathroom drawer. I don't know if it is the whole "you want what you can't have" or if lotion and hairspray and chap stick are really that exciting, but my boys definitely like to make a mess of mommy's stuff. Lucky for him I was busy doing my hair, so I was just happy that he was happy.
Daddy had a work dinner, so we were on our own tonight. I had promised Rylan some mashed potatoes, and mashed potatoes he got! Both of us pigged out pretty good, so we played hard around the living room till bedtime. My favorite moment was when I was rolling him the ball - every time he caught the ball he would laugh and giggle as if it was tickling him. He would then roll it back to me and then we started over again. We have played this game before, but I have never seen him respond quite this way.
I am definitely enjoying my time just Rylan and I, but I have to admit that there are times throughout the day that I stop and wish I could have had more time with Greyson when he was Rylan's age. I guess in my case it is a case of you want what you can't have.
Day 3 Observation
Rylan is definitely going to be my rebel child. As we were playing downstairs this evening I started to notice a pattern in the things he was doing. Everything he was doing, or trying to do, were all the things that I had told him he couldn't. I would tell him not to touch the plant, so he would go after a picture frame. I would tell him not to touch the picture frame, so he would go after the fireplace screen. I would tell him not to touch the fireplace screen, so he would go back to the plant....and round and round went.

No comments:
Post a Comment