Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Day Out with Thomas!

If you have a little boy in the house, or a brother, or even a husband, then I know you have heard of Thomas the Tank Engine. He was popular even when my brother was little over 15 years ago. Well Greyson is definitely no exception - he has Thomas fever. He is actually captivated by trains in general, but Thomas is his favorite of course. So when I saw advertised on PBS that they were doing a Thomas event at the NC Transportation Museum in Spencer I knew there was no way we could miss out. Now when I say event I don't mean the things they do at Toysrus where they hang up a few pictures of Thomas and hand out some coloring pages just to get you into the store to buy stuff. This involved a life size Thomas the Tank Engine and your ticket got you a 25 minute train ride pulled by Thomas himself. That alone made it worth the trip for me! You also got access to the transportation museum which had old engines and cabooses, model train displays, and the only working roundhouse and turntable still left in the state. In keeping with the Thomas theme they also had bounce houses, arts and crafts, tattoos (the temporary kind of course), wooden train sets to play with and magic shows. We were there for almost 5 hours and I am still not sure if we saw and did everything. Greyson was so excited he didn't know where to begin. If I had to guess though I would say the ride on Thomas was his favorite part. He has told me over and over how much fun he had and about all the things he saw. Rylan even seemed to enjoy himself. He may be only 9 months old, but he is still a boy, so he loved all the action as well. I am sure if this is a tour that repeats itself each year that we will be going back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment