Monday, September 26, 2011

Spook-tacular fun!

As glad as I am that Greyson is no longer in daycare anymore, I do miss all the arts and crafts projects he used to bring home. So to start off the holiday season I decided to come up with a few crafty things that he and I could make together. First on the list was a ghost tree. I figured it would be best to start off small and luckily this project went super smooth for us.

For anyone else who might be interested in making one of these it was actually super easy. We collected a couple of branches from the yard and spray painted them black to make the tree. Then for the ghosts you cut out different sized squares from white fabric, using a needle and thread make a loop in the center for the ghost to hang from, then place a cotton ball in the center and wrap and tie the remainder of the fabric around it. Lastly just use a sharpie to draw the eyes. Now to put it all together just stick the branches into some styrofoam, place them into a pot, cover with moss and hang the ghosts. For an even spookier tree you can add some cobwebs to the branches.

Greyson really seemed to enjoy making this with me. He was walking around all morning saying "mommy, the ghosts say oooooooo." Next up on the list are pumpkins out of glass jars. It will be a couple weeks before we complete that though.....have to collect some jars first :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment