Monday, October 10, 2011

The Hubs turns 30!

On Sunday, October 9th my dear hubby turned the big 3-0! While I can laugh and point and make fun now, I have a mere 6 months before I will be doing the same. I know 30 is not old by any means, but it is the first age you turn that you probably aren't as excited about as you were the year before. Not to mention it is just plain weird. For 10 years you have been used to saying "I am twenty-something," and now you have a whole new prefix to your age.

Anyways, we ended up playing this birthday pretty low key. We all went out to dinner on Friday at Outback. The hubs was even kind enough to let the waiters sing and clap for him, but in return he did get free cheesecake. The excitement definitely thrilled Greyson who immediately blew out the candle on the cheesecake before the waiter even finished sitting it down! On Saturday we just hung around the house and let daddy soak in all the football he could stand. We even let him pick all the meals we had this weekend, so he was definitely king of the house for the most part. Sunday afternoon Greyson and I baked him a birthday cake. Really Greyson just stood around asking when he was going to get a taste. He was more help when we put the sprinkles on a few hours later. Let's just say daddy did not lack for sprinkles on his birthday cake. Or candles for that matter - Greyson and I counted out 30 candles for him to blow out. Let's just say Greyson didn't blow these out quite as quickly as he did the 1 candle on the cheesecake!




No comments:

Post a Comment