Monday, October 3, 2011

Mommy-Son Date Night



About a year and a half ago our Chickfila started a grand tradition of mommy-son date nights. The first time I went it was just Greyson and I. Well Rylan was newly in my belly, so he was there enjoying the meal as well. Thanks to the lovely pregnancy hormones I got all teary-eyed the first time we went. Luckily this time I was able to keep my cool despite the awesome decorations and lovely music that was serenading us. There were red tablecloths, which Rylan tried to pull on the floor, candles on every table, that Greyson kept trying to blow out, and rose petals scattered on the tables, that Rylan tried to eat. We are quite the classy bunch. However, when you are eating dinner surrounded by nothing but other moms with little boys nobody really notices. Dinner was far from relaxing or romantic being that Rylan screams while he eats and Greyson doesn't sit still, but all in all we had a good time. When we got home Greyson told me he had a lot of fun at the party! I had never thought of it as a party, but considering there were balloons every where and music and ice cream then to a 2 year old I guess it does seem like a party. Which leaves me shocked that he didn't break out in the happy birthday song while we were there :-P



No comments:

Post a Comment