Friday, January 13, 2012

iPhabulous or iPhailure!?

So I have had my iPhone for about a month and a half, so I figured it was about time I let everyone know what I think about it.

As a huge skeptic I can definitely say that I was nervous when I made the purchase. I mean come on - anything with that much hype really can't be that great right!? Well no phone is perfect, but it definitely does some pretty cool stuff. My personal favorite is the coupons.com app of course. That was kind of the main appeal. Well that and the fact that I can once again text my hubby for free. I have also fallen in love with this really cool app called Grocery IQ. It allows me to make shopping lists for all of the stores I shop as well as input the quantity and price of each item and it calculates a total for you! Huge help for those of us that have so many distractions while we shop! In all my free time (insert laugh) I like playing Words for Friends. That's right - I said Words for Friends. Not Angry Birds. Now I do have Angry Birds on my phone and I do play it on occasion, but the other game is so much more fun!
Especially since I am currently beating hubs by like 300 points :-) hehe

Now like I said, no phone is perfect. There are definitely a few things that drive me crazy. Typing for instance. It has been really hard to get used to typing on a touch screen phone. I haven't tried to type on many other touch screen phones so I can't say if my frustration would be with this phone or just the whole touch screen concept in general. Aside from that I really only have one other complaint and that's the battery. I know I use the phone A LOT throughout the day, but the battery seems to die really quickly! And even though it does pop up a nice little low battery message, it doesn't make any kind of sound so if you leave it laying around for a while and the battery gets low you have no clue that it's dying till you pick it up and the screen is black! So that's a little annoying but at least it does charge back up rather quickly.

So overall I guess I give it an 8.5 out of 10. Not bad considering a year ago I thought no phone was better than a Blackberry! Definitely would recommend it to a friend, if for no other reason than it is someone else I can play the word game with!

No comments:

Post a Comment