Thursday, January 12, 2012
Hide and seek, or seek and hide?
I know we have all at some point played hide and seek in our lives. But you haven't really played the game unless you have played it with Greyson. I am not sure why because we haven't tried this game in probably a year now, but late this afternoon he asked me to play hide and seek with him. We started with him counting and me hiding. I told him to count to 10, but he only made it to about 4 before he started seeking. Now there are only just so many places one can hide in 4 seconds and especially when you have a dog following you and staring at you in your hiding spot. Yet it still amazed me how long it would take him to find me sometimes. After a couple of minutes if he hadn't managed to find me I would start saying "yoohoo" to try and help him out a bit. However, after just so many times of that he started yelling "yoohoo" to me as soon as he was finished counting. At that point it had turned into more of a game of Marco Polo than Hide and Seek, so we tried me counting and him hiding instead, but that didn't go as planned either. At first he wouldn't go hide, and then when I finally got him to hide he would say "I'm hiding behind the door mommy!" So needless to say we had to go back to me doing the hiding again and that didn't last long cause like I said before, there were only just so many places I could get to in just a limited time frame with a dog that was a dead give away. Regardless I think he had fun and the running around looking for me wore him out good for his nap :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment