As a girl I will never quite understand any of it. Well bubbles I get. They are pretty magical to watch especially on a windy day. But rocks and dirt are 100% boy things that I will never see the passion in. Regardless they entertained my two for hours one afternoon last week. We have been getting a little stir crazy this winter, so any time it gets near 60 degrees we run outside to breathe some fresh air! While we have had quite a few unseasonably warm days this month, we have also had a lot of rain so we have been a little limited on where in the yard we can play. Unfortunately the driest spot is in the front yard where there also happens to be a billion little white rocks. Whoever owned our house before us obviously didn't have little ones. Otherwise I doubt they would have used all these perfect size for eating (aka choking) rocks all throughout the flower beds. And my two being boys they are automatically magnetized to such things. Each day we go out I drag out more and more toys. The bubbles occupied them the longest, but ultimately they still end up playing with the rocks. So much so that I am contemplating pitching an idea to Fisher Price or Playskool that they need to invent non-chokable rocks for little boys! Might take them a few years to get that one figured out though, so in the mean time we worked out a compromise. Mommy got out the giant dump truck and they got to load up the rocks. I figure it is a win win situation. They get to play with the rocks and slowly but surely all those rocks I hate so much will get removed from the flower beds! Every now and again Rylan would try and sneak one in his mouth when he thought I wasn't looking so it wasn't a fool proof plan, but it kept everyone happy. The hardest part really was getting them to come back inside for nap time!



No comments:
Post a Comment