Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Mom's Best Friend





A shopaholic mom that is. Now that I have 2 extra people in the house to shop for, my clothes funds are stretched a lot thinner. Not to mention this is the first time in 10 years where I am no longer working hence I have no more employee discount to abuse. Therefore I have had to do some soul searching/web surfing to find a new way to feed my fashion bug. And what has been filling me up these days - OLD NAVY!


I know - Old Navy isn't exactly couture, but for a mom on a budget who wants a few trendy looking pieces in her closet they have definitely fit the bill. Now trust me, there have been plenty of things I have ordered that did not live up to there expectations. However there have been plenty of items I have gotten from there that could walk around by themselves at this point I have worn them so much. I am sure some of you remember the Barbie tee I ordered last fall. Then there is the chiffon butterfly top that I had to buy when the ground was still frozen out of fear it would be gone come spring. My most recent fave is the denim skirt I got. When you're a mom, anything that is cute and has pockets gets an A+! (FYI - the denim skirt is one item that turned out much cuter in person than the picture shows! Funny cause it is usually the other way around!)


My obsession has gotten so bad that I check the website almost daily to see what new things they have added. I have just a "handful" of things saved in my shopping bag waiting for them to send me a % off promo code. One of them being this orange dress. Orange isn't the new pink, but it is definitely a color I want to add to my wardrobe. Another is this chiffon razor back tank. I am just loving all these fun spring prints!


Right now if you shop in store they are giving $10 Old Navy cash for every $20 you spend. Works just like every other store - come back in April and use them to get $10 off a $20 purchase. I acquired a couple over the weekend and am counting the days till I can use them. Of course if I can't make it I can always earn a few more in the mean time :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment