Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Footie Pajamas?!?

Whoever said "kids say the darnedest things" certainly wasn't exaggerating by any means, and my Greyson doesn't disappoint in this category. Just a few days ago we were sitting at the dinner table when Greyson said something that sounded like "aww footie!" Hubs and I kind of looked at each like what the heck was that, so I asked him to repeat. Again he says what sounds like "aww footie." At this point I look at him and go "Footie!? As in footie pajamas!?" Greyson doesn't respond to this. Instead he gives me a look like I am the crazy one. Then a few moments later it comes out again except this time he says "aww footie pajamas!" Now I can't stop laughing. Not only do I have no clue what he is trying to say, but now it is even more ridiculous that when we started. So for a couple of days he went around saying footie pajamas till the other morning when we were watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I am only half paying attention as it is probably the tenth time I have seen the episode that was on. All of a sudden Greyson says it again, but now we are back to "aww footie." I pick up the remote and rewind the show a bit. When it plays I hear Donald Duck says "aww phooey" and again Greyson says it. That is when the light bulb went off in my head. He is copying Donald Duck, but he is just a tad off on the pronunciation. It takes a few tries, but eventually we get there and now he says "aww phooey" just like Donald does. However, sometimes I almost kind of wish I didn't teach him the correct way to pronounce certain things cause his version is much more comical :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment