Friday, November 2, 2012

Day #2: Today I am thankful for....

The boys and I hit the Halloween clearance at Target today. Everything was 50% off with the exception of the candy which was 30% off. Any who, we found several cute things which included a sparkly picture frame, a pair of socks for mommy, and some cute divider plates for the boys. But my favorite find of all was the stuff I found for our dog Dexter. As it was we almost didn't even go down the costume aisle, but they deal hunter in me couldn't resist. My husband probably wishes I didn't cause once I spotted all the dog costumes I was a goner. I dug and dug for probably 30 minutes before I settled on a Super Dog costume and a "rufferee" T-shirt. I was so excited over my finds that I had to call my mom and see if she wanted any costumes for her dogs. As soon as we got home we tried them on and all we could do was laugh. It was the absolute cutest thing I had ever seen. Worth the whole $4 I paid for it for sure.

All this got me thinking about how much joy our pets bring to us every day. Just like children they can drive you crazy at times, but, just like children, they also bring a smile to your face on a daily basis. My life definitely wouldn't be the same without them. And while that $4 I spent on that Super Dog costume might seem like a waste to some people, the moments we spent this afternoon with Dexter and his costume are priceless. Therefore, today I am thankful for....

MY PETS!

No comments:

Post a Comment