Thursday, February 23, 2012
Happy Birthday Greyson!
Three years ago tonight I was sitting in a hospital bed holding an 8 pound 4 ounce little baby. Tonight I tucked in a 32 pound, rambunctious little boy. I know 15 years from now the 3rd birthday won't seem so monumental, but I still have a hard time believing my little man is 3 years old already. In 2 short years we will be registering for kindergarten! Aaaahh! Okay, let's not think about that anymore...
Let's switch gears to all the fun we had today. We decided not to have a big party this year for Greyson, so I felt compelled to make him feel extra special all day long. Since we weren't decorating the house for a party, I decorated his bedroom door instead. I even put some balloons on his chair at the kitchen table. His big present from mommy and daddy was a second train table that we made for him, so he now has one for Thomas and one for Chuggington. Since that wasn't something we could wrap for him, I of course had to make sure he had some things to unwrap this morning. For breakfast I made him cinnamon rolls, and since we aren't having his cake till Saturday when all the grandparents are present, I put candles on his cinnamon roll and sang to him. Speaking of cake - I still needed some decorations for it. Thomas ones of course which meant a trip to Toysrus. Obviously Greyson didn't mind that at all. I think we circled the place twice just to make sure we saw everything. For lunch he got a happy meal from good old McDonalds which we brought home and ate at the picnic table on the deck. McDonalds must have known it was his birthday cause they gave him 2 bags of apples instead of just one. Ha! After nap (or lack there of) we played a bit outside before curling up and watching one of his presents from mommy and daddy - Dumbo! Then for dinner I made him one of his favorites, mashed potatoes, which also had to have candles on it so that we could sing again and daddy could see him blow them out. After dinner we finally finished his train table and got it set up in his room. He must have liked it cause we got lots of kisses and thank yous from him.
As if that wasn't enough fun, it all continues this weekend when the Mimis and Papas show up. He should be on cloud 9 by the time he goes to bed Saturday night :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment