Wednesday, February 1, 2012

If I have heard it once...

I have heard it 1000 times - boys are easier than girls! Now I obviously dont have any experience in raising a girl, but I definitely do have experience when it comes little boys. Now I know people probably mean well when they say this, and anyone who has said this to me has actually raised both, but just because you think boys are easier than girls does not mean that boys are easy in any way shape or form. Now I am sure that is not exactly what people mean when they say this to me, but I still don't quite see the point in the comment. I mean if I am having a rough day I don't sit back and think to myself 'at least they aren't girls!'

I know everyone is entitled their own opinion and mine on this topic is that boys are rough! They are loud and rambunctious and dirty and just like girls they are whiney and dramatic too! Now I will admit that I have contemplated the idea that boys might feel harder to me cause I am such a girly girl. I don't like to be dirty and sticky. I don't like trucks and GI Joes. I'm a girl I can't help it. I have also contemplated that it might feel harder because I have two and they are only 21 months apart. They are both at very demanding ages and crave lots of attention from mommy.

Of course none of this means that if Greyson and Rylan were little girls they would be easier to handle. I am just trying to make a point that I don't think one sex is naturally easier to take care of than another. I do, however, think a lot of it depends on the care taker and how they were raised. Regardless, at the end of the day, no matter the age, the sex or the parents, they are all children and not a one has, is or will ever be EASY to raise!

No comments:

Post a Comment