Greyson is like a mutant 2 year old in that he absolutely loves fruits and vegetables, as do I! That makes this is our favorite time of year because of all of the fresh produce that becomes readily available. I always loved going and picking strawberries and blackberries when I was little, and with Greyson being the outdoors man that he is I thought he might enjoy it as well. So we set out this past Saturday with Mimi as our guide and took him to pick. The weather was absolutely gorgeous so the strawberry field was full of families just like us. Greyson had an absolute ball! He wasn't so great at recognizing a ripe strawberry from one that wasn't so we would pick them and he would put them in the basket. This worked just fine until Greyson decided to start testing that we were picking the best strawberries by shoving them straight into his mouth! I have to admit, he did make it longer this year than he did last year before stuffing his face, but the mess was about the same. Strawberry juice was just running down his chin. If the owner of the farm had been in the market for some new advertisement, we probably could have made back some of the money we have sunk into diapers for 2 years cause he was quite the sight! He even decided mommy was being way to neat about this and coated my white sweater in pink strawberry juice! Mess aside we all had a lot of fun, and hey who can complain that their child loves to eat fruit like that!?
No comments:
Post a Comment