Saturday, May 14, 2011

Where did my baby go?

As a mom there is more than one point where you just wake up one morning and say to yourself "where did my baby go?" Whenever my babies turn 5 months old, that seems to be the first time I feel that way. Five months is kind of a transitional age where they are no longer a little baby laying on their back in a swing, but wriggly little rolly poly now squirming around all over the floor. They are starting solid foods and sitting up to play with toys. Jabbering, or in Rylan's case screeching. Basically they aren't a newborn anymore - still a baby, but not a newborn. Does it make me sad? Yes! Does it make me happy? Yes! It is very difficult as a mom cause you never want your babies to grow up, but at the same time you don't want to spend the rest of your life being woke up several times a night either. So while it is sad to move out of the not having a newborn stage, it is also exciting to have a baby that is slightly more independent and is learning new things every day. I realized very quickly though that this time around it has been a lot more difficult when Rylan has outgrown things or gotten another month older. I guess because with Greyson I knew that I definitely would have at least one more, so I would get to experience those things again.

So now we get to the question that I think everyone on the planet has asked us at this point...do we want any more kids? And the honest answer is I don't know! I have two rough, tough little boys that I love more than anything, and that drain every bit of energy I have. So at the moment I am done having any more babies! However, I never planned on having my two so close together, so for me to say that at the ripe old age of 29 I am done having babies and will never be pregnant again kind of scares me. I also have always pictured myself having a little girl. I guess because I am such a girly girl myself. Of course there is no guarantee that I would get a girl...I could just as easily end up with a 3rd boy, which also kind of scares me! If I did decide I wanted another, it would not be until at least one of the boys is headed to kindergarten. Not to mention we would definitely need a bigger house, so nothing is being decided any time in the near future!

Anyways, right now I am still adjusting to being the mom of two and a stay at home mom at that. Will we add to our family of four? Only time will tell...


No comments:

Post a Comment