Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Super Mommy Moment

Today was a little bit out of routine for us. The hubby was working a late shift to train some new employees, which left the 2 little boys and I to fend for ourselves for dinner. I had decided early on that it was going to be a leftover night. We had played out in the sun and the boys took late naps, so by the time I asked Greyson what he wanted for dinner it was well past 6:30. Usually his response when I ask him this question is either ABCs (chefboyardee) or whatever fruit we happen to have in the house at the time. But tonight of all nights when I asked him what he wanted for dinner without hesitation he replied "potatoes." Immediately my mind thinks of the frozen bag of Birds Eye roasted potatoes in the freezer that could be ready in 5 minutes. Deep down though I know that, like his mommy, when Greyson asks for potatoes he means mashed. Keep in mind we are not instant potato people. When we make mashed potatoes it involves peeling, cutting and boiling - all things that I had not planned on doing for our late dinner tonight. However, being the softy I am, I couldn't turn down his request, so off to the kitchen I go. Luckily Greyson is quite talented and entertaining Rylan these days, so it didn't take me long to get the potatoes on the stove. And even more amazingly Greyson was quite patient waiting on his dinner to be done. My efforts were fully paid off when I handed him the spoon from the potatoes and asked him to taste. The giggle and grin that spread across his face said it all. As a mom there is no better payment for you work than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment