Thursday, May 5, 2011

I did the unthinkable...AGAIN!

It is becoming more and more common these days. I guess as a mom of 2 boys I am either officially starting to lose my mind or I am just learning to adapt to the circus that is our family! What am I referring to you might ask. Well anyone who knows me knows that I have said I am not taking Greyson out of his crib for a long time because I like him being contained. Nap time is the only part of the day when I am actually 100% certain of his whereabouts. However, there isn't a place we visit on a regular basis (aka Mimi's house) that has 2 cribs available for sleeping. Therefore, about 3 months ago, Greyson got upgraded to toddler bed when we made our first trip as a foursome to Raleigh. Nervous as I was, he actually did really well, and has done just as well if not better on all of our subsequent visits. So last night the hubby finally convinced me to convert Greyson's crib to daybed status. Let's just say I have never seen a child so thrilled over a bed before! As soon as Steven finished, Greyson said "my new bed" and runs and jumps up on the bed to arrange his animals and pillows. I know, if only I had the video camera rolling for that moment. You would think after over 2 years of all of this I would have learned to always have it handy. I did manage to snap a few pics of him afterwards and this morning when he got up. We are still on the hunt for a couple sheets and a pillow case to go with it, but since he doesn't know any different Greyson does not mind. I am sure when those get put on there it will be another new bed moment (and this time I will have the camera ready for action)!


No comments:

Post a Comment