Another holiday has come and gone at lightning speed and once again our house is left looking like a ToysRus that got caught up in the storms a few weeks ago! Don't get me wrong - I enjoy every minute of it. There is nothing more exciting than seeing the joy that comes to your little ones faces when they see what the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus has left for them. Of course now I have double the joy, which to my husband only means I now spend twice as much :-P With that said both boys definitely did not wake up to empty baskets! Greyson got plenty of coloring books, Cars figures, bubbles and of course a chocolate rabbit. Rylan got a plush soccer ball, lots of books, a stuffed Peter Rabbit and a Sophie teething toy.
Unfortunately Rylan slept through the egg hunt that afternoon, but I am sure he will give Greyson a run for his money next year! Greyson surely wasn't complaining that he got all that he got all the eggs to himself one last time. Once he figured out that they were filled with jelly beans he started popping them open as he found them. Everyone knows jelly beans and dirt go good together!
We were lucky enough to have Mimi and Papa Jones join us for the weekend, which means lots of spoiling for everyone! Greyson loaded up on ice cream, Rylan had lots of extra arms to hold him, daddy got the house to himself for a few hours and even mommy got pampered with a nice dinner and some shopping!
Now that Easter is over I finally have a small break in all the planning and prepping for any holidays for a while. Next up is Mother's Day - I think it will be someone else's turn to do the planning for a change!


No comments:
Post a Comment