Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A silent 2 year old is never a good thing!

Some of you out there are already nodding your head. If you are a mom, then you know that while the constant noise your children can exhaust you to no end, it is the silence that is terrifying. For those of you who don't have kids I will explain: when your child is making noise then you can hear everything they are doing, especially when it is a child like Greyson who usually announces everything he is doing. That usually turns out to be most helpful in avoiding a lot bad situations. Unfortunately today it did not...

I went upstairs to feed Rylan. As always I told Greyson what I was doing and he elected to stay downstairs. At the time he was playing with his Chuck the Truck, which is an extremely loud toy and can be heard from anywhere in the house. As I was finishing up with Rylan I noticed that things all of sudden got very quiet downstairs. I yelled several times to ask Greyson what he was doing and finally I got an answer that sounded something like "I poop." I was very excited by this response as we have been trying to get him back  into the habit of telling us when he needs a clean diaper (a prelude to potty training). I told him to come upstairs and I would change his diaper. When he arrived at the top of the stairs I immediately could tell something wasn't right. It wasn't until he got closer that I realized it was his hands - they were covered in poop! No ladies and gentlemen, you can't make this stuff up! At first I panicked thinking he had attempted to eat it, but I never could find any evidence of such and when I asked him he said "I not eat it," so I took that as a good sign. I am still not quite sure what he was trying to do. Best I can figure he was simply trying to pull his diaper down himself and failed miserably.

Because of the clean up that this entailed I didn't exactly have any time to take pictures of the blessed event (I know you all are so disappointed). However, I did feel that those of you who didn't have to clean the poop off his hands might find it a funny story, so I felt compelled to share! Hopefully you got a chuckle out of it and aren't rethinking your dinner plans :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment