Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Rylan Cole - 18 Months

18 months! Before I know it I will be writing about his 2nd birthday! I have to admit though, it is kind of nice that he is becoming more independent. Just the other night both he and Greyson were in the backyard together playing while I was cooking dinner. It was oddly refreshing to not have someone to trip over while I was cooking. Then I pass a mother with a newborn while I am at the mall and I am feeling baby fever again! Lol!

Anyways, Rylan's stats at the doctor were pretty normal. He weighed in 24.2 lbs and 33.5 inches. Other than the fact that I still have to change his diaper, he doesn't really feel like a baby anymore. I find it odd because Greyson felt like a baby to me until Rylan was born. I guess cause I see him interacting with Greyson it makes him seem older. Or I could just say he gets it from his daddy who has always seemed and acted older than he is (most of the time ;-) hehe). Rylan still isn't saying any other real words other than mama and dada. There have been a couple of instances when he has said "cheese" (or something that sounds like that) when you get the camera out. And his new thing is to say "ki ki" when calling the cats. His biggest milestone really is that since his 15 month check up Rylan has acquired 6 more teeth! Of course all that means is he can he all the faster now. Despite his lack of "real" words, Rylan has started jabbering a lot more lately, especially when we are reading a book. He loves to point at the pictures and make noise and help me turn the pages. And just today he put together an entire block puzzle all by himself. Just proves that Rylan is smarter than he lets on sometimes. He's sneaky like that (he gets that from his daddy also ;-) ).



No comments:

Post a Comment