Saturday, July 2, 2011

Greyson's 1st trip to Urgent Care!

Since Greyson and daddy were camping out last Friday night, Rylan and I took off to Fuquay for a secret Mimi and Papa visit (secret because we couldn't tell Greyson).  Honestly I was more worried about making a 3 hour drive with Rylan in the car than leaving daddy and Greyson alone in Charlotte to fend for themselves. Things were going smoothly until about 10:15 Saturday morning. Greyson was riding his bike on the deck while Steven was doing some much needed weeding. On several past occasions Greyson has ridden his bike over to the stairs and asked to come down in the grass with his bike. I have thoroughly explained to him how he has to be careful on his bike next to the stairs, but no matter how much you say things accidents still happen. Greyson peddled his bike over to the steps to ask for help, but got too close to the edge and down he went! He managed to cut his lip inside and out pretty badly, so daddy drove him up to Urgent Care to get it checked out. Turns out he needed 4 stitches on the inside of his lip. Poor little guy made it to the ripe old have of 2 years and 4 months before needing his first stitches, which actually impressed the heck out of me considering he is such a daredevil! "Luckily," I was in a hair appointment that morning and didn't find out about all of this until after everything had been taken care of, so I was quite calm and collected when I found out. Greyson did really well though considering his condition. He managed to eat, drink and talk fine despite his swollen/cut lip. Daddy did snap one shot of the invalid as he lounged on the couch Saturday afternoon watching lots of "queen."

No comments:

Post a Comment