So one of my best friends got Greyson a Sesame Street Playdoh set for his birthday. I have been dying to get him some before, but have been trying to hold off till he got out of the "eat everything" phase. While we aren't completely out of it at 2 years old, he has gotten a lot better, so last week we decided to break open the box and have some fun. Luckily he only said "I eat it" and never actually attempted to. In his defense though, several of the cutters are shaped to look like various fruits and veggies, so when I said "let's make a banana" he really thought he was getting a banana! Needless to say I am now having to explain to him what the word pretend means! All in all though he had a blast with it, and now not a day goes by that he doesn't ask to play with it. The funniest part though is that the first day we got it out I reminded him of how he got the Playdoh for his birthday. For whatever reason that was all that stuck, so now whenever he wants to play with it he says "birthday," not Playdoh! Oh well :-P
No comments:
Post a Comment