So I am sure you all read my post Love at First Sight. If not the short version is basically I fell in love with a granite that is about twice as much as I can afford, or want, to spend on my kitchen. I joked that I hoped it wasn't an $85/square foot granite. The good news - it's not. The bad news - it is $70/square foot.
As if that wasn't enough heartache for me, I have now done it again with the back splash. While looking for granite ideas online I cam across this picture of the Bianco Antico granite which was recommended as a less expensive option for those who can't afford the Delicatus White. Well not just the granite caught my eye in this picture. What you are looking at is called beveled arabesque tile and of course it can only be purchased from one retailer online - Mosaic Tile Stone. I rush over to the website and couldn't help but laugh when I saw the price $22.95/square foot. Now I am thinking luckily I need very little tile to fill the void between upper and lower cabinets. I can give thanks to all the windows in the bay window for that. Despite that, to do the kitchen the way I would like I would need about 20 square feet of tile which, for those of you who aren't good with numbers, comes to about $450! Again my heart sinks till I catch this on their website:
"Interested in buying Beveled Arabesque Backsplash Tile for $12.95/sf? We are running a competition on Facebook. With 5000 likes, we will place this popular tile on sale for the incredible price of $12.95 for 10 days! 'LIKE' us on Facebook and tell your friends!"
So that is what I am doing - I am telling the whole word to go to the Mosaic Tile Stone Facebook page and LIKE them so that I have a chance to get this tile at almost half off! For now they are only at 2,000 likes so tell everyone you know to go like them. And don't worry about being bombarded by their posts on your news feed cause Facebook took care of that weeks ago!

No comments:
Post a Comment