So for a while now I have been contemplating the idea of attempting to cut the boys hair myself. Usually we just take them up to Great Clips for a trim. It is $10 for kids which isn't bad but when you are paying for two and then add in tip you are up to $30. And I don't know if it is just my kids, but their hair grows faster than the weeds in our back yard so they need a trim every few weeks it seems. I have watched the girls trim there hair multiple times and I always think the myself that it doesn't look that difficult. That is if you can get your subject to sit still.
Well a few weeks ago I worked up the nerve to try it. I started with Greyson. I gave him my iPhone and sat him in the bathtub and started trimming. I was nervous so it took a while and I only did a little trim. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the results were. Rylan's hair wasn't quite shaggy enough to need a trim yet so my experiment stopped there. Till yesterday afternoon when I worked up the nerve to try cutting Rylan's hair. I tried the same approach - I gave him my iPhone and sat him in the tub. When I finished I thought I was pretty successful especially considering he didn't sit still nearly as good as his big brother does. As it dried though I realized there were some spots that might need sone touching up, but overall I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. I went ahead and gave Greyson another trim as well. Greyson actually kinda likes me doing it now. He even thanked me when I finished and said that he liked his new hair. Ha! Mommy loves it cause I just saved $30 a month and now I can neaten them up any time I want.
For anyone else out there contemplating trying this, I definitely recommend taking them to the salon a couple times at least to watch how they do it. After that I say give it a try! Just trim a little bit at a time so that if you do screw up you can still run them up the road for a fix at the salon!



No comments:
Post a Comment