Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Super Double = Super Deals!!

Okay, so I am really behind on my blogging this month! My husband would tell you it is because I have been sucked into coupon land. While I hate to admit it he is partly right. My day is mostly consumed with taking care of my two boys. What spare time I have left is usually spent on the computer hunting down deals and coupons. Might sound like a huge waste of time till you check out some of the deals I scored on my shopping trip today!

Ask me any day of the week what my favorite grocery store is and my answer will always be Harris Teeter! Why? Because every day of the week, every month of the year they double your coupons up to $.99! Even better, about 6 times a year they have triple coupons and super double coupons. Triple coupons is pretty self explanatory, but for those of you no familiar with HT super double coupons means they will double any coupons up to $1.98!!! Mix that along with some sale prices and you can get so much stuff for free or for pennies it really is mind boggling! Don't believe me? Check out some of the deals I scored today:

Cape Cod potato chips - $2.50
$1 off 1 coupon doubles to $2
Final price - $.50

Kraft salad dressing - $2.99
Buy 1, get 1 free HT promo
$1 on 2 coupon doubles to $2
Final price - $.99 for 2 bottles

Smart Balance pop corn - $1.30 ea
$.75 on 1 coupon doubles to $1.50
Final price - I made $.20 a box on these

Dole fruit crisps - $2.29
$1 on 1 coupon doubles to $2
Final price - $.29

Triscuits crackers - $3.89
Buy 1, get 1 free HT promo
$1 on 2 coupon doubles to $2
Final price - $1.89 for 2 boxes

Cheese Nips crackers - 2/$3.00
$1 on 2 coupon doubles to $2
Final price - $1.00 for 2 boxes

Soft Scrub cleaner - $3.99
Soft Scrub gel - $3.99
Buy 1 cleaner, get 1 gel free
$1.50 on 1 cleaner coupon doubles to $3
Final price - $.99 for both

Gerber baby food - $1.00 for a 2-pack
$1 on 3 coupon doubles to $2
Final price - $1.00 for 3 2-packs

Ziploc freezer bags - $3.99
Ziploc sandwich bags - $2.69
$1 on 2 coupon doubles to $2
FREE sandwich bag wyb the freezer bags (HT eVIC coupon)
Final price - $2.00 for both

Clorox 2 - $5.99
Clorox bleach - $2.15
$1.50 on 1 Clorox 2 coupon doubles to $3
FREE bleach when you buy Clorox 2
Final price - $3.00 for both

Kettle potato chips - $3.69
Buy 1, get 1 free HT promo
$1 on 1 coupon doubles to $2
Final prince - I made $.31 on each bag

Pampers wipes - $2.99
$1 on 1 coupon doubles to $2
$1 on 1 (HT eVIC coupon)
Final price - FREE!

Pampers cruisers - $9.99
$1.50 on 1 coupon doubles to $3
$1.50 on 1 (HT eVIC coupon)
Final price - $5.50

Danimals smoothies  $2.50
$1 on 1 coupon doubles to $2
Final price - $.50

Green Giant frozen veggies - $1.50
$.50 on 1 coupon doubles to $1
Final price - $.50

Freschetta pizza singles - $1.99
$.75 on 1 coupon doubles to $1.50
Final price - $.50

Kraft cheese big slices - $3
$1 on 1 coupon doubles to $2
Final price - $1.00

Garnier hairspray - $2.79
$1 on 1 coupon doubles to $2
Final price $.79

Phew! That is just about half of the deals I score today! I think you get the idea! My hours of planning and preparation almost turned into a catastrophe during checkout when about half way through my coupons stopped doubling!! Come to find out you are limited to 20 coupons doubled per day! Trying not to panic the manager was able to look up my husbands VIC card number and split my items into 2 transactions. *Sigh* After both transactions were completed I ended up saving $135.44!!! Between the 2 transaction I ended up spending about $50, so I saved about 70% between paper and online coupons!! Now, after reading all that is it possible that you can still think I am crazy for buying 2 Sunday papers each week and scouring the internet for deals!?!? I hope not...

No comments:

Post a Comment