Monday, June 6, 2011

Rylan - 6 months old

A year ago I was just beginning to feel the little taps of my tiny baby inside of me. Now I have a 16 pound 11 ounce little boy who is inhaling his solid foods and jabbering our ears off. I know I have said this before, but it is amazing how much your life can change in just a year. Things you thought you knew, or thought you wanted, or thought you had all figured out can get manipulated in the blink of an eye.

But enough with all the sappy reflection stuff! My little man is 6 months old now! It really didn't hit me till this week, just how far and how fast things have gone. Rylan is sitting up on his own now, playing with toys and screeching and jabbering new sounds every day! He has also become a champion eater like his brother Greyson always has been. We had a rough start with the solid foods about a month and a half ago. He wasn't too crazy about the plain rice cereal. We were ready to give up and try again later, but as a last resort I offered him some pears. That seemed to do the trick! Now he eats pears, apples, bananas, peaches, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas and squash! We have even given him tastes of fresh watermelon and blueberries, and mommy's mashed potatoes of course, all of which he loved as well. I keep telling him he needs to learn how to crawl now more than ever. With all this food he is consuming he could easily turn into a little Michelin baby.

All the good eating aside, he is still some what of a cranky little thing. While he has gotten eons better than where we were at 4 months, he still isn't quite as happy-go-lucky as brother Greyson always was. I keep telling myself that he is just getting all of his anger and frustrations out now, and will be a peaceful easy going 2 year old. I now you all are laughing at me now, but hey a mom can dream right!?

Speaking of dreaming, Rylan has gotten a LOT better at night (crossing fingers I didn't just jinx myself). We have had multiple occasions now where he has slept 10 hours straight and on average now he really only wakes up once. I still blame a lot of it on the fact that he has seemed to be trying to get his bottom 2 teeth for 4 months now! All that chewing and drooling and still nothing! Not that I am trying to hurry the growing up process at all, but I know the poor guy has to be frustrated and he doesn't even know what is making him frustrated!

Next check up - 9 months. Pictures below were snapped over the last week or so, so they are pretty current.




No comments:

Post a Comment